Sunday, October 2, 2011

Fire it up.

In lieu of chasing rats around the ship, I started to follow the path that became obvious when you realized it was etched in rust and started at the end of the message on the deck. I have no idea how old the ship was or how long it had been out at sea, but I certainly going to get my questions answered when I reached the engine room. When I reach the end of the path I see what looks like claw marks on the door and the door frame. I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation for that so I enter. No reason to be afraid at this point as I've been kept alive this long.

"Finally." I here Naida mutter as I enter.
"Well if you wanted this to go faster it's not like you had to leave me up on the deck like that." I replied caustically.
"Is bitching the only thing you know how to do?"

"Have I even been awake long enough do any bitching?"

" I suppose not. Sorry I just like to tease."

"Yeah I've seen how you like to tease. I think my balls are still blue from our time spent in bed together."

At this she blushed a little and replied with ". . . Teehee." I looked around, but this didn't look at all like an engine room. It looked more like a room for training as it was quite large and devoid of an engine. That was the real tip off. "So I suppose that this ship is drifting towards our destination and I'm just suppose to train until we get there?"

"Something like that. You almost catch on quickly for someone that's only been awake for an hour."

"That's cute, please tell me we're going to do some sparring so I might at least have a reason to hit you."

"We can do that if you like but perhaps you might like me to explain what it is I wanted with you to begin with? It's not like we've really had any time to talk."

"Well in this day and age I figure it was a common occurrence for young men such as myself to be spirited away by mythical creatures. Or at least by people named after them, Naida.

As she came into view she locked eyes with mine. The gaze was wary and piercing and seemed to be her way of saying we aren't talking about this . . . ever. We'll I suppose I could write this up like that but then wouldn't it be more interesting to fill in all the blanks instead of just filling a whole page with an action montage describing as it turned out that my actions in this room were actually turned into energy that kept the boat in motion therefore making sure we get there when I'm ready? At least I think that's what she meant when she used the term kinetic propulsion. Maybe I should stop staring at her chest and try to pay a little more attention. . . maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment